Friday, October 31, 2008

The Fulton Recovery System




This will be a little bit out of sequence. I'm putting it here now because I haven't gotten my PI slides back yet and it's been a while since I've posted. In late 1970 I was asked if I wanted to participate in a Fulton recovery pick up. I had seen it twice before. One was another survival instructor, I can't recall his name at this time, the other was from the recovery unit. So I was familiar with what I was being asked to do and I said yes. The following slides I put together from personal photographs and information off the web. The ground pictures were taken by Butch Poe and the photos from the recovery aircraft were taken by Tim Batrell. This system was also know as the "Skyhook". This is the patch that the crews wore on their flight suits.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoying you blogs, daddy! love you! Carrie