Saturday, October 11, 2008

PI Poker

When I first got to the PI I didn’t play poker but maybe once a week on a Friday or Saturday night several of the guys would gather in one of the hooches and there would be a game of poker. There would be five players and several others standing around watching and as one player would drop out another took his place. I watched for quite a while. Then sat in one night and enjoyed myself quite a bit. We played nickel, dime, quarter stakes and had strict rules so someone didn’t get wiped out. We played payday stakes. Someone would keep track of who owed what and who won what. Then on payday everyone would either pay what they owed or receive what they won. I’ll talk about poker later when I start writing about the jungle trips.
I think I’ll stop writing in this blog until I get my PJSS (PACAF Jungle Survival School) slides back. I lent them to Jim Root. He and Tom Lutyens are writing a book on the history of survival and Jim was looking for any pictures and information to put in the book so I lent him all of my slides. I want to put some of the pictures in this blog. So bye until I get my slides back.

1 comment:

Maddie said...

are you going to stop writing?