Friday, February 6, 2009

Fulton recovery cont.1


A special C130 comes by and if you look closely at the left picture you can see two things. A pair of whisker looking things that the pilot will use to engage the line on the balloon and if you look really close you will see or might see a wire extending from the whiskers out the end of each wing. This wire is serrated and it does two things, if the pilot misses the line the line will slide along the wire and it will be cut releasing me before I am even lifted off the ground, or so the theory goes. Also by cutting the line the line will not be caught up in the propellers. That would be a bad thing for everyone.
I'll talk about what happens in the airplane after the pick up later. I'm tired now.
Good night

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, my husband is sooooo brave! You really are, you know. Would you do it again? LOOKS SCARY TO ME...