Saturday, February 7, 2009

Inside the C130














Good morning I hope you slept well.

Once the C130 hits the line the line is secured by the whiskers on the nose of the C130. Since the line is nylon and is braided there is a fair amount of stretch to it and it took a second or so for me to be lifted off the ground. When I did go, I went streight up and then there was a rubber band effect and I was snached in the direction of travel, I pulled a few G's at that time. There I was, trailing along 500 feet behind an airplane. Once stablized I could look down between my legs and watch the jungle passing below. It was great. At this time the line that I was attached to was below and behind the aircraft. The crew used a steel bomb, attached to a pully and winch, to snag the line. You can see the bomb being lowered in the left picture and the winch in the right picture. Once the line is secured to the winch I am pulled into the aircraft. The blue arrow is pointing at me. What a ride.

No comments: